Small Power Production (Solar) Applications

If you are planning to install solar panels on your home, you are required to submit an Accessory Structure Permit. If you wish to be able to provide overflow of electricity generated by your solar array to the VYS grid you will also need to submit a Solar Interconnection Agreement.

Please see the links below to download a copy of the Small Power Production Application. You may choose from two file types; a Microsoft Word Document (*.docx) or an Adobe Acrobat PDF file (*.pdf).

If you do not wish to enter into a Solar Interconnection Agreement with the Village, please apply for an Accessory Structure Permit for the installation of the solar panels.

The new Stormwater Guidelines are in effect per Ordinance 2020-28, requiring all new structures must have a stormwater mitigation plan.  Click here for the guidelines.  Solar panels installed on existing structures are not required to

Please also download and review the requirements, which highlight the applicable sections of the Zoning Code.

Once you've completed your form, please email it to one or both of the following; Denise Swinger at, or Raven Behrens at

If you have any questions, please call us at (937) 767-1702

Contact Us

100 Dayton St
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Get Directions

  • Phone: (937) 767-7202
  • Staff Directory