Starting or Stopping Utility Services

Signing up for service

In order to sign up for service at an address, you will first need to complete the “Utility Registration Form” which can be found here or by visiting the Utility Office customer service window Monday through Friday from 10am – 2pm. You can also have a form sent to you by calling the office or emailing one of the Utility Billing Clerks through the Staff Directory under the Contact Us section to the right. 

Once the form is complete, you will need to bring it to the Utility Office customer service window during business hours along with a copy of your driver’s license and a copy of your lease agreement or purchase agreement. At that time, your application will be processed. You may also email it to one of the Utility Billing Clerks via the Staff Directory. 

*If you own the property, you will need to provide proof of ownership (ie: settlement statement, deed, etc).

Stopping Service

If you need to stop service at any time, simply stop in or call the Utility Billing Office at 937-767-7202 and select Option 2. You will need to provide the date that you wish to stop service and a forwarding address. Note that we will need 48 hours notice in order to get a final reading on your meter(s) in order to process your final bill.

A final bill will be sent to your forwarding address during the regular monthly billing cycle. 

Contact Us

The John Bryan Community Center (more)
100 Dayton St
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Get Directions

  • Phone: (937) 767-7202
  • Fax: (937) 767-7130
  • Staff Directory
  • Office Hours:
    M - F 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on the 15th of the Month

Topics of Interest